Take a minute to close your eyes and remember what fresh banana bread smells like as it comes out of the oven, mmmm…..
Hopefully, your eyes are back open to read this. This is a fantastic banana bread muffin recipe that’s vegan and quite literally a dump and bake recipe. All you need is a blender and muffin tins.
For me this recipe makes 12 muffins because I have large muffin tins and not the standard size. This recipe will make 24 normal size muffins.
Banana Bread Muffins
Makes 24 standard muffins
8 over-ripe bananas
4 tbsp flax meal
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp water
2 tsp baking powder
4 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1/2 tbsp vanilla
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup rolled oats
3 cups flour (I used unbleached AP flour)
1/4 cup turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Dump all ingredients into the blender except topping sugar. Blend until it comes together.
- Grease muffin tins with spray or coconut oil while blender is running.
- Pour evenly into muffin tins. I used a spoon to help even them out.
- Sprinkle topping sugar evenly on top.
- Bake normal size muffins 18-22 minutes. (My jumbos needed 25 minutes.)
- They’re done when you can stick a toothpick of skewer in and it comes out clean.
Not sopatiently wait for them to cool enough so they don’t burn your mouth when you eat them.
1 muffin (24 ct)= 234 calories, 9 g fat, 38 g carbs, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein
Nutrition calculation was made by inputting recipe into MyFitnessPal.
The next time I make this recipe I’m going to play with the amount of coconut oil and try switching out for some apple sauce. We’ll see how that goes.
I didn’t add nuts because Kitty doesn’t like them in her breads. Choose your battles right? Best part is she loves these and doesn’t even know their vegan. Score one for mom!
Have you ever tried to make vegan muffins? How’d they turn out for you? Let me know in the comments below.