Life is made up of little moments. Often we get in a rut and forget to take notice of the little things. Finding joy in the little moments can make a larger impact in our emotional health and our view of the world.
In light of the state of the world today, with the recent terror attacks in Belgium, it’s important to remember that there is also light and hope in this world.
Tips for Finding Joy
- Let go of negativity. Forgive and move on from negative thoughts, people, and events.
- Let go of perfection. Done is good enough for most things. Strive for progress, not perfection.
- Serve others. Find something you can do to help others. It really doesn’t have to be a large time commitment. Just cooking a meal for a sick friend or volunteering for a few hours can really help.
- Stop worrying. I know, easier said than done. Worry is borrowing from tomorrow, live for now. By all means plan for the future, but you can’t control everything.
- Live in the present. Unplug and be mindful of what is happening around you right now.
- Be mindful of your words. Words can have a powerful effect. Praise more often than you criticize.
- Get out into the world more often. Being in nature, in the sunshine surrounded by greenery can lift the spirit.
- Connect with others. Call a friend, make some new friends. Yes, online friends count. Take the time to hug your loved ones. Really spend time with your children. They can still amaze us with the things they notice and say.
- Practice gratitude. Stop worrying about what you don’t have and comparing yourself to others. Be grateful for what you do have right now.
- Smile and laugh more often. The mere act of smiling can lift your spirit. Plus, it really does take more muscles to frown than it does to smile.
Remember that joy is about perspective. Putting yourself in a positive frame of mind can have an impact on not only yourself, but also those around you. So go out and spread the seeds of happiness.
Do you have any tips for finding joy in the little moments? I’d love to hear about your tips in the comments below.
#WayWow Link Up